They didn’t have that holiday spirit or charm I remember from when I was small. They were angry and mean to the workers. The manager sent me as a sacrificial lamb into the stockroom to bring out more shirts for a crowd that formed around the stockroom door. Before I could even place the pile down, they rushed in like those sports players who do that dog pile thing when they win a game.
I lost my shoe, comfortable leopard print loafers I got at Payless, in the mayhem. It was over an hour before I got it back. I miss Payless with the BOGO deals. I have big feet and it’s hard to find cute shoes now that fit me. I no longer have those loafers, but I have a pretty pair of cheetah print strappy shoes. But they don’t compare to my old leopard print ones I had years ago.
© 2026 Rose Calliope. All rights reserved.
